We aren’t anywhere near Halloween but maybe your house didn’t get the memo because it has been making some seriously spooky noises. These sounds shouldn’t be ignored as you may have guessed because they indicate trouble for your comfort this summer. Thankfully, we can help.
We aren’t exorcists and we don’t need to be to deal with those spooky noises because the solutions lie with your air conditioning system–or at least with getting it repaired. We can help you with identifying the source of these noises and with getting them resolved.
Got a Noisy AC? Here’s When to Call for Help.
While not every air conditioner is built to work silently, there are certainly many noises that your system might emit that aren’t to be ignored. Here are some sounds that should tip you off to when it is time to reach out for HVAC service:
- Hissing: A hissing air conditioner is one that may have trouble in the system itself or its ductwork. Hissing can indicate a refrigerant leak or it can be a sign of an air leak in your ducts. There is also a chance this sound is coming from your air filter–if it is overly clogged you might be able to hear the air pushing through the debris.
- Banging: Banging is a sure sign of a problem. There is a chance of a loose part banging around inside your system or even an off-kilter blower fan creating this noise.
- Rattling: If the AC is rattling it isn’t very good. This noise can indicate loose parts or even parts that are deteriorating within your system. This is a sound in which your fan could also be a cause.
- Screeching and screaming: An air conditioner that is screeching or screaming is one that isn’t going to be easy to ignore. That’s for a good reason too because these noises are going to be ones that are a bad sign of belts that need lubrication or even of fan blades scraping around in your system.
- Clicking: If it sounds like your AC is clicking or buzzing it is likely due to electrical troubles or troubles with the connection between your AC and your thermostat.
How to Handle a Noisy Air Conditioner
If your air conditioning system is making strange sounds, your best choice is going to be having it checked by one of our HVAC technicians. We can identify the source of the noise and we will be able to resolve it in a timely manner too.
If your AC needs to be repaired, you should only schedule your services with a professional like the ones of our team. We know exactly how to get your air conditioner in fighting form again rather than leaving the issue unresolved or even worse off than it was, which would be the case with amateur services or a DIY attempt.
Contact us to schedule your air conditioning services ASAP.