Keeping your home comfortable shouldn’t be a choice that empties your bank account. Your system’s energy efficiency, and the efficiency of your home as well, are going to play a big role in offering you comfort at a reasonable cost. The question is, how can you impact how efficiently your air conditioner operates?
Believe it or not, you do have the ability to give your AC system a helping hand. We have some tips to help you keep your home efficient along with the services that will keep your HVAC system in great working order.
5 Tips For Increasing the Energy Efficiency of Your Home
The recent heatwave is a reminder of just how hot things can get in California. Even with the fall season fast approaching, you shouldn’t leave your AC unattended and just hope it stays efficient long enough to get you through any other heatwaves. Here are some great ways you can help your AC system.
- Check your insulation: Insulation is going to play a large role in keeping the cool air that your air conditioner produces inside your house where it belongs. If your insulation is deteriorating, you will want to have it checked and repaired by our professionals to ensure your comfort.
- Keep your windows and doors closed and leak-free: Along with poor insulation, air leaks throughout your home can put your efficiency and comfort at risk. If you have air leaks around your doors or windows it will force your air conditioner to work that much harder. This can be fixed with weatherstripping or caulk.
- Clean or change your filter: Your air filter collects dust and debris over time that would otherwise get into your AC systems internal workings and cause problems. Change or clean this filter once every month or every three months to keep the airflow into your system strong and the stress on your system low.
- Make sure vents and registers are clear: Make sure that the airflow from your vents and registers aren’t being blocked by any dust, debris, or home decor. These things can hinder the ability to cool your home, even if they don’t seem like they will make much of an impact.
- Keep your thermostat at a reasonable setting: When temperatures breach the 90s and up we know it is tempting to try to keep your home icy. Resist the urge (trust us, we know it’s hard) because it won’t help. The Department of Energy suggests setting your thermostat no lower than 78°F. Your AC can’t drive the temperature any lower than 20° less than the outside temperature.
Are you still having trouble keeping your home cool? We can help. We aren’t just experts with attic insulation and advice. We also provide services like air conditioning maintenance, repairs, and more that will keep your system in the most effective and efficient condition. All you need to do is reach out to us when you need help.
Contact the team of professionals at Avis Home Solutions to schedule your next services.