Fall is slowly starting to show itself as temperatures are getting cooler at night. We are even getting some cool weather first thing in the morning. It is a nice reprieve from the high heat we’ve struggled through the past several weeks. With that said, we all know that California likes to throw sudden heatwaves at us so it is a good idea to be prepared for anything.
If you need AC replacement, it is going to make things a lot harder if we do encounter any added heatwaves before the fall season fully takes over. In this case, make sure you watch out for these warning signs that you need to retire your faulty AC unit for one that can get the job done.
Warning Signs That You Need an AC Replacement ASAP
These are the warning signs that you need to be aware of which will tell you if and when you need to replace your air conditioner. When you need a new system, make sure you reach out to our team of professionals to get the job done right.
- Your AC is 15 years old or more. Your air conditioner is made to operate for 10 to 15 years with good effectiveness and efficiency. If your AC is already past 15 years old, even if it is still operating pretty well, then you need to schedule a replacement sooner than later.
- Your system can’t keep your home cool. An air conditioning system that can’t cool your home properly is one that isn’t worth keeping around. If your system has been maintained properly and still isn’t able to do its job properly, then you need to get it replaced.
- The unit still uses R-22 refrigerant. R-22 was phased out of production at the beginning of the year. More modern systems utilize R410-A refrigerant. If your system still uses R-22 then you should prepare for a system replacement before you get a refrigerant leak and are without any cooling comfort.
- Your AC unit simply doesn’t work. Is your air conditioner simply unable to provide any cooling power? Maybe it runs but it only produces warm air. Or perhaps you turn on your AC and nothing happens at all. An air conditioner that doesn’t operate is one that needs to be replaced.
- Repairs are expensive and frequent. AC repairs should be something you schedule once every few years. Additionally, repairs shouldn’t be too aggressively expensive. If you are encountering expensive repairs or repairs that are popping up every year, you have a system that needs to be replaced.
- Energy bills are on the rise. Your energy bills are important to pay attention to because they can indicate when something is wrong with your AC unit. If your energy bills have only been increasing despite regular maintenance and repairs, this is a sure sign of a system that needs to retire.
Whether you need a system replacement or just need an AC repair, you’ll want a professional to get the job done. Only a trained technician can keep your AC running the way it is meant to.
Schedule your next AC service with the pros at Avis Heating and Air Conditioning.