The heart of an air conditioner is its compressor, responsible for converting the refrigerant from liquid to gas, and if it fails, it could mean the end of your cool air. In Anaheim, CA, it’s important to keep an eye out for these signs of a faulty compressor.
- Unusual noises: Growling, screeching, or clattering noises are red flags indicating electrical failure in the compressor. Vibrations from the condenser unit also suggest a malfunctioning compressor, which can cause further damage if left unchecked.
- Failure to start: Before calling a professional, check the electrical service panel and fuse box to make sure everything is switched on and functioning properly. If the A/C still doesn’t start up, the compressor could be broken.
- No cool air: Changing air filters and cleaning condensate lines can improve airflow, but if you still can’t feel the cool breeze, it may be time to replace your compressor.
- Tripped circuit breakers: If your circuit breakers keep tripping, it could be a sign that your system is overloaded. If the A/C is also showing other problems, contact Avis Home Solutions for professional HVAC service.
- Weak airflow: If you notice weak airflow from your A/C, it could mean your compressor is on the verge of breaking down. Don’t wait until it completely fails; contact us in Anaheim, CA for timely and professional service.
If you’re experiencing any of these signs of a bad A/C compressor in Anaheim, CA, it’s important to seek professional help right away. Attempting to repair or replace the compressor on your own can be dangerous and may result in further damage to the unit. An experienced HVAC technician will have the tools and knowledge necessary to accurately diagnose the problem and provide the best solution. With the right repairs or replacement, you can keep your A/C system running efficiently and effectively, keeping your home comfortable all year round. Contact Avis Home Solutions to schedule an appointment today.