Leak Detection in Anaheim, CA
Consider how much of your plumbing system you can actually see. There are important fixtures, such as faucets and showerheads, and there are your bigger appliances like your dishwasher and refrigerator. But the majority of the actual plumbing system is hidden from view. You can open up your cabinets under sinks to see the curved drainpipes, but that’s about it.
This presents a problem—how do you detect water leaks? Although there are warning signs, which we’ll get to below, pinpointing the exact location of a leak can be hard. You need to call on plumbing professionals who provide quality water leak detection services, such as Avis Home Solutions, in Anaheim CA. We have the equipment and know-how necessary to get your plumbing system back up and running as it should be.
Contact us today for expert leak detection services. We solve problems.
Do You Have a Hidden Plumbing Leak?
Hidden plumbing leaks are hard to find. They don’t call them hidden for nothing, after all. Keep an eye out for the following warning signs:
- High Water Bills: You should always keep an eye on your water bills each month, since a sudden unexplained spike is the fastest way to determine that you do in fact have a leak somewhere.
- Low Water Pressure: Is the water pressure from one of the faucets lower than usual? It could be due to a leak. If the water pressure loss is sudden and substantial, you’ll want to call for immediate repairs as it could mean you had a pipe rupture.
- Discoloration on Your Walls: Off-color spots on the walls usually means that water is leaking behind those walls and damaging building material in the meantime.
- Warped Carpet or Floorboards: This can be the result of leak behind the wall or potentially even a slab leak that has caused the foundation to crack so that moisture reaches the inside of your Anaheim home.
- Mold and Mildew Growth: Plumbing leaks lead to excess moisture. Standing moisture leads to mold and mildew growing in your home.
One more way to check to see if you have a water leak is to use your water meter. Write down the readings on the water meter, and let an hour or two go by without using any water in your home or on your property. Check the meter again. If the readings when up it’s time to call us for leak detection services!
How Do You Fix a Leak?
We understand—when you have a leak you want to try to repair it on your own. It’s more affordable this way, right? Well, it could actually end up costing you more, if you accidentally make a mistake, or if you don’t accurately locate the source of the leak.
The reason we recommend professional water leak detection is because it works! We use special tools, such as video pipe inspection, to thoroughly scavenge through your entire plumbing system to look for vulnerable spots. We can not only discover where your leak is coming from this way, but we can check to see where leaks might develop in the future and help you avoid them. Curious to learn more? Give our team a call today!