As the saying goes, “Home is where you make it.” Now more than ever, many people work from home and spend almost every waking moment indoors. Have you considered how the indoor air quality of your home can affect you? Many people can barely enjoy the great outdoors without those pesky allergies kicking in, but what about trying to relax inside your humble abode without itchy eyes and nose?
One of the many culprits of poor indoor air quality (IAQ) is Formaldehyde.
Avis Home Solutions cares about providing cleaner and healthier air for you and your family to breathe. We’re here to give you five facts about this “allergy-infested monster” and a few ways you can avoid him this season.
- Formaldehyde is a gas with which you may or may not be familiar. It can irritate your body when inhaled in low doses and can cause asthma attacks if excessive exposure occurs over time. Most people never exhibit illnesses related to Formaldehyde exposure; however, it’s always best for individuals to know the potential risks.
- Formaldehyde is a part of the manufacturing process of everyday products, from cosmetics and soaps to furniture. Generally, it’s best to choose low or Formaldehyde-free products and not bring new construction materials that contain this gassy chemical in the house until they’ve had time to air out.
- The levels of Formaldehyde in your home can skyrocket when it gets too hot and humid. The emission rate increases with heat, so you should open windows or utilize an exhaust fan to let fresh air circulate inside the house when possible.
- If you want to be healthy, avoid smoking indoors! Secondhand cigarette smoke contains Formaldehyde and many other harmful chemicals that result in poor IAQ and potential health problems for everyone in the room. The best way to avoid exposure is by eliminating tobacco smoke inside.
- Invest in a quality air purifier and sleep soundly at night, knowing that you’ll be breathing clean filtered oxygen. The Air Scrubber by Aerus will reduce or eliminate viruses and bacteria, including Formaldehyde – all while making your home more comfortable!
If you want to be as safe and healthy in your home as possible, it’s essential to take precautions and know where to get help when you need it. Give us a call at 949-328-3374 today! Our team of professionals will help you upgrade or replace your filtration system.