Living in Southern California certainly has its perks, from a majority of days with sunny and mild weather to a host of activities to enjoy outdoors whether it is hiking or visiting the beach. With that said, all the nice weather doesn’t always make for the best air quality. We have our fair share of days with high pollen counts, an excess of smog in the air, smoke from fires both controlled and wild, and don’t even get us started on the impact of the Santa Ana winds! All of these factors are enough to make us have a sneezing fit
Thankfully, there is a solution. If you have an air purifier in Laguna Hills, CA your home can act not only as a safe haven from the heat, but also one from the poor air quality outdoors. Not sure what the benefit of a purifier is? We are happy to tell you.
What is the Purpose of an Air Purifier?
Air purifiers and air filtration systems are both made to accomplish similar goals: improving your indoor air quality for the sake of your health and your comfort. However, these do this in slightly different ways.
While air filters clean the air entering your home by, well, filtering that air through a mesh of varying strengths, a purifier can work a little differently.
Through the use of either electricity or ultraviolet light, an air purification system works to capture or negate the impact of different airborne contaminants, like mold spores, viruses, bacteria, and more.
The Types of Purifiers
As we mentioned there are two kinds of air purifiers: electric and ultraviolet. The different types tackle airborne contaminants in different ways. Let’s break them down:
- Electric purifiers: Using electricity, this kind of purifier changes airborne particles to allow them to be drawn to a metal plate, thereby removing them from the air so they never enter your home.
- UV Germicidal Light Purifiers: Through the use of ultraviolet (UV) light, these purifiers either destroy particles or render them useless as dust by stopping them from reproducing and spreading.
The Benefits of an Air Purifier
So, why consider an air purifier if you already have an air filter? There are a few ways that a purifier can benefit you and work to clean the air entering your home in tandem with a filter. Consider these benefits:
- Removes unwanted scents: Air purifiers can actually remove scent-causing particles from the air so you won’t have to worry about lingering smells from the kitchen or the scent or smoke entering the home during the fire season.
- Tackles particles that aggravate respiratory problems: An air purifier can help to get rid of contaminants that could aggravate respiratory problems such as mold spores or viruses.
- Can help your health: By negating the impact that viral or bacterial contaminants could have an air purifier actually has the ability to help you avoid getting sick!
Interested in adding an air purification system to your home? Great! Let our HVAC comfort advisers give you a hand. Avis Home Solutions provides top-quality equipment, competitive pricing, and outstanding customer care.