Southern California isn’t known for experiencing extreme cold. But that doesn’t mean it can’t get pretty chilly. Temperatures as of late have been surprisingly low, especially first thing in the morning which makes the getting-out-of-bed battle that much harder. If your heating system isn’t working properly as well, getting to work on time can seem nearly impossible.
When your heater is in need of heater repairs in Anaheim, CA, the best choice you can make is to schedule a visit from an HVAC technician sooner than later. However, this is easier said than done if you aren’t sure what indicators are telling you that your heating system needs help. That is why we want to make sure you have the information available to you that will tell you when your heater is crying out for repairs.
It doesn’t provide any benefits to your home comfort to delay needed repairs for your HVAC heating system. The next time you pick up on any of these signs, make sure you schedule a repair service ASAP.
5 Signs You Need To Get Repairs
- Reduced Airflow: If your heater is still blowing hot air but the airflow has been noticeably reduced, you might have a blockage within your ducts, a leak in your ductwork, or a problem with clogged filters. The sooner this issue is fixed the better.
- No Heat: This is a major indicator of a problem. This could be caused by problems with your burners or your pilot light. Don’t waste your energy trying to heat your home when your heater can’t do its job; schedule repairs ASAP.
- High Utility Bills: While your utility bills can fluctuate based on your heater usage, big increases are often a sign that something is wrong with your system. It is better to spend those funds on a repair that gets your heater back to its usual energy efficiency.
- Strange Noises: There is a range of sounds that you shouldn’t hear coming from your heater. Clanking, hissing, rattling, banging, etc. are all sounds that indicate an issue or two (i.e. broken parts or leaks) within your system that needs to be fixed fast.
- Bad Smells: If you smell something burning when you turn on your heat pump, or you smell gas or sulfur when you run your furnace, turn your system off immediately. You shouldn’t smell anything bad coming from your heater; this is something that should prompt an immediate call to an HVAC technician.
A Team You Can Rely On
No one wins when your heater doesn’t work and you’re stuck in a cold home. This is especially true if quick, efficient repairs are only a click or call away. When you reach out to Avis Home Solutions, not only do our technicians arrive with your satisfaction in mind, but we approach every job with the goal of leaving your system in better shape than we found it.