That trusty summertime heat and sunshine seem to have made its entrance. We are already inching into the high 70s and 80s and there are days where many of us just need to stay inside to keep from overheating. Thank goodness you have a working air conditioner to keep your home comfortable–or do you?
If you have an air conditioner that needs to be repaired, you may not have as comfortable of a summer as you expect. A repair need in your system that goes unaddressed for too long can lead to a full breakdown, meaning no cool air whatsoever. You can avoid this by learning what the warning signs are of a repair need and contact us to schedule your HVAC service in Lake Forest, CA as soon as possible.
How to Tell You Need to Schedule Repairs
It may not be obvious when your system needs repairs from a professional. Thankfully, we can help provide you with some indicators of potential repair needs so you can keep your system in optimal working order.
- Low airflow: You may notice that your air conditioner is producing cool air but the airflow is a lot weaker than usual. This could be caused by a clogged filter or leaking ductwork. Weak airflow from your vents should be addressed ASAP.
- Warm air: This indicator is going to be a bit more noticeable because you may have good, strong air coming from your vents but it is warm or room temperature rather than being cool. This is a big indicator that your AC is in trouble.
- Concerning noises: Outside of the whoosh of air and maybe a small amount of clicking at the beginning of a cooling cycle, your system shouldn’t be making any loud noises. Sounds such as banging, screeching, screaming, rattling, and hissing are all noises you shouldn’t ignore.
- Short-cycling: The average cooling cycle is going to last around 15 minutes in length. If your system is going through a cooling cycle that is less than 10 minutes long, it means that it is short-cycling. This is normally due to a problem that is causing the system to overheat.
- High cooling bills: When you run your AC it is going to show up in your energy bills. Though, you should reach out to a professional when you notice that keeping your home mildly cool causes huge spikes in your bill that don’t match your AC usage.
These are just some of the potential signs that you can pick up on to determine if your system needs repairs. When you need reliable and helpful air conditioner repairs, you can reach out to our team. When you live around here during the summer, AC is vital, so make sure you work with our professional team to ensure that your repairs and other services are done correctly. We believe in providing exceptional customer service to each of our clients.
Contact Avis Home Solutions today to schedule your next appointment and enjoy a comfortable summer. We’ve been serving the Orange County area since 1973