Summer in California is a great time of year for beach days, backyard BBQs, and outdoor exploration. It is also the season when we are all the most dependent on our air conditioners to keep our home livable. Especially on those days, or during those weeks, when the temperatures are unbearable, you need to be able to trust that your AC can keep your home cool. If your system has a repair need, however, you may be toeing the line on a breakdown of your home comfort.
You may want to be on the alert for some of these common issues that will need professional AC repair in Orange, CA. The earlier that you catch these issues, the less likely you are to encounter a breakdown during a heatwave.
5 Common AC Repairs You May Need
Even with regular maintenance and careful usage, your air conditioner may eventually require repair service. That’s okay! Here are some common ones that you may need to keep your system in working order.
- Loose or broken fan blades: The fan in your AC system may encounter problems due to regular wear and tear. If the blades start to come loose, the fan blades may start to scrape in their housing, making a screeching noise. If this goes on for too long, you may have a fan blade that breaks.
- A dirty or damaged air filter: The air filter in your AC unit helps to keep dirt and debris out of the internal workings of your system. If your filter is clogged or even damaged it won’t be able to protect anything in your AC.
- A refrigerant leak: You need refrigerant to cool your home. Over time, regular use of your AC may lead to a refrigerant leak which can seriously harm this process. Whether from vibrating parts or simple wear and tear, a refrigerant leak needs to be addressed soon.
- A clogged condensate line: The moisture that collects on your evaporator coil eventually collects and is siphoned away in your condensate drain. This can get clogged with dirt and debris that are captured in that moisture over time which will cause serious problems for your air conditioner.
- Frozen evaporator coils: Ice collecting on your evaporator coil isn’t a normal occurrence. If you see ice building up in your system, don’t try to scrape it off–you are likely to cause serious damage if you do. Instead, turn off your air conditioner and contact an HVAC technician for repairs.
We Repair Air Conditioners Around Orange County
Our professional HVAC technicians offer repairs for residents in Orange and the surrounding areas. We know how important your air conditioner is to keeping your home comfortable during summer. That is why we prioritize providing exceptional customer service that keeps your AC in peak condition. We also offer maintenance services that keep those repairs fewer and further between!
Contact Avis Home Solutions to schedule repair services for your air conditioner. We will ensure you can stay cool this summer, no matter how bad the heatwave is.